How we can help:
1. Get you started:
Proposed Changes to the VA Pension Eligibility Rules
On January 23, 2015, the Veterans Administration (VA) published proposed rules in the Federal Register that would have a huge impact on wartime veterans, surviving spouses of wartime veterans and attorneys who assist them in obtaining pension benefits. Listen, for an in-depth review of the proposed rules and their impact on the area of VA pension planning.
- Advanced VA Pension Planning Concepts: From Application to Approval
- VA Accreditation Webinar
- Dealing with Problems that Arise After a VA Application is Filed
- FAQs About Irrevocable Trusts in Medicaid and VA Pension Planning
- Veterans Asset Protection Trust and supporting documents
- Veterans Asset Protection Letter
- Fee Agreements
Health Care Documents
- Living Will
- Nonstatutory Health Care Power of Attorney
- State Statutory Health Care Documents (AL|AZ|CA|CO|DE|FL|GA|IL|LA|NC|NV|NY|OK|RI|SC|TX|UT|WA|WI)
Nonstatutory Durable Financial Power of Attorney
- State Statutory Powers of Attorney with Enhanced Powers (AL|AK|CA|CO|GA|IL|MD|MN|NC|NV|NY|OH|OK|RI|TX|WI)
- Links to Online Legal and Software Resources
5. Case Law and Additional Information:
- Article by Valerie L. Peterson, Esq., ElderCounsel CEO: When Will We See New VA Pension Eligibility Rules?
- What Happens When Income or Net Worth Becomes Excessive? Read our FAQs.
- Recent case law
- Web Automated Reference Manual System